Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A25 Saturday 9 Dec

prangerman

Spotted Aeroscreens, ?CengizT?, and A N Other heading east as I was heading west about 5 east of Seal.

I would have turned round and followed but it was our wedding anniversary and as I had left SWMBO at home with the kids, I thought I had better not push my luck by staying out even longer...! *wink*

( I shall be out again today for a bit of a blat, ostenstibly to pick up some John Innes No3 compost for SWMBO! Well she has asked for it. She didn't specify which car I should take.... *biggrin*)

In Memoriam DMG

Edited by - prangerman on 10 Dec 2006 08:54:11

Hi Prangerman,

A nice bracing blat yesterday morning, that was Tango Tart in front of me (Steve Walker and his R300), we also saw the 7 in front, but by the time we caught him up at the next roundabout we went our separate ways (not even sure he realised we were behind him).

As usual I trotted out the old line to Maggie May "Probably be about an hour, no more than an hour and a half". Went out the the garage at 10.30am and returned back a 1.30pm having had a brunch stop on the way 😬. Luckily I have a very understanding SWMBO *thumbup*

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

Drive it like you stole it! *eek* but don't tell my pupils that 😳

Chris

LOL. It looked like CengizT out in front - Green with a yellow nose and lots of smoke. The cars similar *wink*!

I should record that my SWMBO did encourage me to take the 7 out yesterday despite the anniversary, so no guilt here. She is a wonder and tolerant, in so many ways. *thumbup*

I shall go blatting/spotting later today up to Polhill and then on down to the A25 and environs. It's looks glorious if rather cold out there. Joy!

In Memoriam DMG

Chris

Meant to ask you last time I saw you:

Where did you get you eyewear from and what's the make? Looks like th esort of thing I am after.

You (and I notice in the latest LF, others) have extensions on the rear of your cycle wings, presumably to reduce spray and muck etc being thrown up. Where did you get them and are they easy to fit?

P

In Memoriam DMG

P,

Goggles are Wiley XL1s. Do a search on BC and you'll find plenty of info on them. They come from the States but I believe a club member is a supplier. Can't remember the price but you can get various removable lenses and I understand that you can even get prescription lenses made for them. Feel free to pop round and have a look at mine before you buy if you like.

Extensions on the front wings. That's a euphemism for mudflaps isn't it? P, they were simply a £5 pair of flaps from Halfords. As I didn't want to drill any more holes in the wings I fixed some bolts on the inside of the wings using glass fibre resin so that they could be removable. Never removed them yet though. The main reason was that running with Brooklands (and often no doors) I felt I needed an extra bit of protection from the carp that gets thrown up. To be honest mine could do with being a bit lower, but I've been saying that for over 5 years now 😳

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

Drive it like you stole it! *eek* but don't tell my pupils that 😳

Chris

thanks - I'd like a look at the Wiley's, although I am really looking for goggles, and a closer look at the mudflap attachment. I've recently replaced the s/s stoneguards and feel a need to protect them a bit if I can, especially over the winter months.

Let's combine all this with a blat! I'm a bit faster now (and the Talex speed camera gizmo is making me more confident). I hadn't realised how much the speedo underreads *eek*.

If you are blatting next weekend (or next week and/or christmas week when I intend to be off work) I can have a shufty [sp?].

P

In Memoriam DMG