Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Garage clearout - 4.1:1 CWP, bag tank and plumbed fire extinguisher

Peter Carmichael

lot 1: 55 litre bag tank in aluminium box with most of the honeycomb protection (the panel against the rear skin of the car could not be detached, but is easy to source)...

... complete with fuel pump and fuel level sender. £500

lot 2: full plumbed in fire extinguisher system... markc

lot 3: brake proportioning valve (continuously adjustable type)... Martin B

lot 4: Count's engine... withdrawn from sale (sorry Mav)

lot 5: 4.1:1 crownwheel and pinion set (provisionally sold)

Edited by - Peter Carmichael on 17 Dec 2006 16:22:02

The tank takes up most of the boot space. The remaining space is deep immediately behind the bulkhead and just an inch or so deep for the rear section where the tank is. The filler is vertical inside the boot, located beneath a press-stud located plate. It all comes with some natty red and blue hose fittings. I can confirm that this comes with a fuel level sender that does in fact work.

I will need to check the expiry on the bag tank (ISTR 2008). I have been assured that the materials used are good for a very long service life but it is the nature of FIA runlings that they have expiry. If the intended use is for a race series which requires an in-date bag tank then this will obviously be an issue - the word "offers" will become applicable once I've confirmed the date.

I will check this out tomorrow, along with details on the extinguisher system for RichardO. From what i remember of removing the extinguisher it has four nozzles. It is basically straight out of a race Seven and is a complete system, intact.

• 1 month later...