Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Spare Wheels

Farmer_Terry

As a newbie, I have discovered a problem with spare wheels.

I only use the car for track days, and I keep a set of A032s and A021s one for dry, and one for wet. I have 185x13 on the front and 205x13 on the rear, and since both these tyres have a rotation it means that each corner of the car is unique – i.e. you can’t take a wheel off one corner and put it on another.

This seems to me to indicate that a spare “wheel” is actually 8 spare wheels – i.e. a complete set of duplicates, one for each corner for each tyre.

This isn’t going to happen, but I wondered what others do?

Farmer Terry (and his car)

• Leadership Team

You have exactly the spares you need! If you get a flat swap the whole set - 32s aren't so bad in the wet and likewise with the 21s that they'll not get you through the day!

Trust me, I've been caught on track in a deluge with a set of 32s!

Stu.

• Area Representative

Terry - IIRC the traditional solution to this conundrum is to carry a spare suitable for the nearside front, this being the most likely to pick up a puncture. And if you need it on another corner, it will be fine to get you home - certainly no worse than a skinny space saver on a modern tin top.

HTH,

Crudders

I had this built to my spec for trackdays.

TBH, it hasn't seen much use. If you wear your tyres out at the trackday itself - and need to get back home in the car, Jonny BAT has a truck full of part-worn tyres that they can mount there and then for a sensible cost.

Mind you, if you use someone other than BAT to organise your trackdays, you might not be so well supported... *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

When I got caught in torrential rain at Snetterton in August (trust me to go on track with OBNS *thumbdown* *mad* *mad*) my 032s surprised me how competent they were .. shame the driver wasn't up to drifting the car as well as it might *tongue* *tongue*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬