Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Splitting a Type 9 Box

Guy Lowe

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A shed is for life - not just for Christmas".............at least, that's what it says by the Shepherd & Flock roundabout in Farnham.

Just thought I would share that with you Tony. Why, I have no idea really but there you go! Maybe something to do with the quaffing of the old champers all afternoon. 😬 *wink*

So does 'contrived' not mean 'perfect' then? *wink*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Just so that Steve doesn't get a complex in thinking he has killed off a previously healthy thread and knowing Guy now has his new engine, I just thought I would ask when it is going in and do you need a hand old chap?

Brent

R 417.39 😬

As Brent correctly say's, I have at last picked up the Zetec from Raceline and if your that way inclined (Delbert) you can see it here here

Brent thanks for your kind offer, I don't really know when I will be fitting it, I was going to do it this afternoon but the wife's not too happy with that. *confused* I keep disappearing into the garage and she suspects something, she even asked me if I had started secretly smoking again (after 10 years *eek*), now she thinks I'm having a sly beer out there 😬

So it will probably be Wednesday or Thursday, if I need a hand I'll give you a ring *smile*

Oh by the way have you seen my new lightweight CRB here 😬

Guy SB Lowe o *arrowup*o

The ZETEC Conversion has begun here

In all seriousness, thats shown me what I'm looking for when I replace my flywheel and CRB.

All rather daunting tasks for a numpty but Santa (or more commonly known as Barclays instant overdraft) has recently purchased for me .

Yes I know mine is a "K" but at least I have a rough idea what I'm looking at.

Now can somebody do a photo guide to dry sump fitting.

I only realised I was going bald when it took longer to wash my face

Well done lads, I hope all the small balls went back in OK.

Sorry I missed the fun, I was having some of my own.

Now then, do I have to start a thread titled "how do you change a bent chassis"

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

Pleased to see you're posting again Norm, but take it easy for a while *wink*

The engine is now in as you can see here it all went very smoothly thanks to Steve (Se7en Up) Motts and Trevor (The Drift) Newman 😬

Guy SB Lowe o *arrowup*o

The ZETEC Conversion has begun here

Edited by - Guy Lowe on 28 Dec 2006 00:38:41

Brent, not had a good look yet, it can wait. Lynne went out and took some photos. The o/s/f wheel is about 6" from the chassis and the top of the shocker is broken off. The o/s/r body and chassis look a bit of a mess as well.

I'll wait till late january, get the car inside the workshop and strip it down for a full assesment. Suspect a new chassis is needed as both ends look badly bent.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

Guy

New engine looks great *thumbup* looked a bit lost in the back of the undertakers van though *eek* 😬

Would like to have come over today but unfortunately I've been at the office and will be all week ☹️

BTW is anyone going to the Phoenix tomorrow night?

Bozz

McLaren Orange and Black 1.6SS 6 Speed here

Sorry I couldn't make it, family duties called instead. Guy, just seeing your wiring loom hanging out there, I've got a couple of reels of loom wrapping tape (non-adhesive) you can have if you need any. *thumbup*

Engine looks very sexy too. *thumbup*

The CRACK probably wasn't the clutch at all - more likely the sound of something hitting the decking in the other pictures. *idea*

Brent

R 417.39 😬