Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Splitting a Type 9 Box

Guy Lowe

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can one of the 'inner circle' IT gurus set up a webcam for sunday, I won't be able to make it but I would like to see the action

Roy you seem to have been misled somewhat, perhaps it was the shock of having a pint of Carling thrown over you 😳. We are rebuilding a gearbox at my house, not spending an afternoon in some sleazy lap dancing club 😬

Guy SB . *arrowup*.

The ZETEC Conversion has begun here

Picking up the ZETEC soon *biggrin*

So to some up

So far we have removed the Gearbox, spread all its internals over a vast area and promised it will all go back together.

I presume the next installment will be the introduction of the Box back into the car.

I thought these were simple procedures but by the time this is all done it will be on page 44

I only realised I was going bald when it took longer to wash my face

I presume the next installment will be the introduction of the Box back into the car

Wrong Delbert, you have forgotten an important procedure ......... We still have the excitement of putting all its internals (which are indeed spread over a vast area, Camberley, Farnborough and Basingstoke, in fact one part ended up in Hartley Wintney last night) back together. This will be done this coming Sunday at approximately 10.00, a large crowd is expected *thumbup*

Guy SB's Lowe . *arrowdown*.

The ZETEC Conversion has begun here

Picking up the ZETEC soon *biggrin*

Now I know Hartney Whitney has a nice village Green but were there no filelds nearby for you to use. *confused* 😬

So many exciting installments to come

will the gearbox be lowered in with a right hook or will you throw a strop round it 😬 😬

I only realised I was going bald when it took longer to wash my face

Interesting that you think your dash wiring is a mess. I'm just finishing rewiring all the dash area and I'm now going to fit 3 multiplugs so I can just unplag and remove the whole dash assy. from the car. My carbon dash isn't riveted in, it's held in place by the battery switcg on the rh side and a map light switch on the n/s and velcro tabs on top and bottom rails.

I took a picture of the mess before I started to reassemble and I'll take a picture after. The majority of the "mess" is the earth wiring and the dash lighting.

Anyway, that's a lovely picture of decking in a field, must take a lot of small ball to take pictures like that.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited