Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Splitting a Type 9 Box

Guy Lowe

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certianly a good idea to sort it whilst SB lowe has the engine out...

Brent, I am sure that I have heard it said some where that someone attemptedd to change a clutch in a Se7en without removing the engine, have you any knowledge of this *confused*

Guy . *arrowup*. Lowe

The ZETEC Conversion has begun here

Picking up the ZETEC soon *biggrin*

Edited by - Guy Lowe on 8 Dec 2006 15:01:01

Change the clutch with the engine in situ??????????? You're 'avin a right giraffe aren't you?

Who on earth would attempt anything like that in a se7en? *confused* *confused* *confused* I guess if every joint in your arms, hands and fingers are triple jointed, you might be able to pull the engine far enough forward to gain access but what would be the point? *confused* *confused* *confused*

Might just as well do the job properly and lift the engine out surely. *thumbup*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

He (Trevor) has managed to spray everything in his garage Caterham blue, even his motorbike and he also got some on the Seven 😬

Brent

Do you want me to ask Trevor for the drifts or do you have some?

Guy . *arrowup*.

Would be handy if he has a drift Guy. Last time I used one (which I should still have) was when I rebuilt the gearbox in a 1600E I was restoring in ooh when was it........1979 I think! *eek*

It should be ok for the type 9 'box as well though I'm not 100% certain so if Trevor does have one it might be useful insurance. We need it to drive out the layshaft so that we can withdraw the main gear cluster. I'll check mine in the morning and call you. *thumbup*

What with you having . *arrowup*. I don't suppose you normally use the term 'cluster' do you. *wink*

Think I'll zip along to bed now! *tongue*

Brent

R 417.39 😬

You mean you don't have any drifts 🤔 *confused* 🤔 *confused*

Neil is always telling me you are the 'King of Drifts' or '***King useless'...........I can't remember which 😬

Brent

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 9 Dec 2006 09:35:18

TREVOR

What time will you be coming round on Sunday? we intend starting about 10. If this is a problem give me a ring and I will come round and pick up the ****drift today (if I can get through the traffic at Farnborough Gate *eek*

Thanks

Guy . *arrowup*.

Edited by - Guy Lowe on 9 Dec 2006 10:05:21

Guy, no worries - I left a message on your voicemail to say I've found my drifts. *thumbup* Brought a tear to my eye to think I have again laid my hands on something I haven't used for 27 years. A bit like sex after marriage really! *tongue*

Brent

R 417.39 😬