Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Splitting a Type 9 Box

Guy Lowe

Guy just remembered, we will need a 2 leg puller to remove the 5th gear. Sorry, it's been a while since I stripped a gearbox, the last one being a Ford 4 speed so I forgot about pulling the 5th gear off to get the spacer off. Do you know if Trevor has got one?

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there was an oil seal on the 4 speed but I can't remember if there is on the 5 speed box or not - sorry. ☹️

I doubt it would need replacing even if there is.

One other thing, have you bought a front oil seal and gasket for the input shaft as well?

Brent

R 417.39 😬

Guy,

Given recent experiences, are you going to fit a new clutch when the Zetec goes in? You don't want to be starting off on a long blat, knowing the clutch is a bit iffy and have to risk changing it in the middle of a field somewhere. ☹️

Steves was obviously iffy but luckily he was able to sort it so he didn't end up with it failing while he was in France this summer. Better to be safe than sorry. *thumbup*

Brent

R 417.39 😬

Hey Small Balls - I may pop round on Sunday too - get the (good) coffee on

You can sweet talk me all you like Mottsie, unfortunately whilst I currently have 3 espresso machines, 2 are out on loan and I cannot get the other one to work, knacked inlet solenoid valve I think, perhaps Boz can help out *biggrin*

Guy (small balls) Lowe

The ZETEC Conversion has begun here

Picking up the ZETEC soon *biggrin*