Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Splitting a Type 9 Box

Guy Lowe

What about the Clutch we are all so concerened

I was a little concerned when I heard a loud crack when trying to disengage it for the first time, but I have now been reassured that it was probably the centre plate stuck on the splines *smile*

I took your advice Delbert, I had a strop to lower it down, not the right hook 😬

Guy SB Lowe o *arrowup*o

The ZETEC Conversion has begun here

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Brent I have been spending too much time in the garage.

I am sure I have a couple of rolls somewhere, just got to find them. If I don't find them sometime next week will be fine as I have not got the ECU loom yet ☹️

Guy SB Lowe o *arrowup*o

The ZETEC Conversion has begun here

So, where did you put the old engine?

I hope you supported it well, so that the sump does not risk hitting the decking if it slips.

You can help support the engine by it's webs, as long as you protect them slightly first.

From this experience, you guys must be able to set the record straight.

Is it possible to change a clutch without removing the engine first?

I like cream...

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning Brent, I have just this minute reurned from Raceline with the new silencer and will be fitting it later today.

I am hoping to drive the car this Saturday or Sunday, but don't tell the wife because she thinks the reason I cannot go shopping with her is "I have a lot of office work to catch up on" *wink*

Guy SB Lowe o *arrowup*o

The ZETEC is now running here

Slight charging problem, car cut out in Woking with flat battery thanks to Boz ans Steve for the offers of assistance I managed to limp home after charging if from the wifes car for 10 minutes.

If you think the Pirbright bends can be scary, try them in the dark with no lights *eek*

Done 12 miles with the ZETEC and I am very impressed with the torque and I haven't been over 4000rpm *smile* don't know how long the R48's on the rears will last 😬

Guy SB Lowe o *arrowup*o

The ZETEC is now running here