Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

280mm Steering Wheel

Simon.Rogers1

Simon

I fitted a Momo 280 D shaped wheel a little over a year ago to replace a 300 mm Motolita. Its marginally harder on the wrists at low speed but otherwise has a great feel. The Alcantara brushes up like suede and I tend to use leather faced winter golf gloves to drive in the winter - very tactile feel *cool*

The D shape is a bit easier in terms of legroom as I'm over 6 ft and on the lardy side but by far the best option is to go removable wheel as this makes a big difference to getting in and out *thumbup*

David

1989 1700XF SS clams with carbon

webshots here

Ferrino - Mychron 3 Gol/XG/Log

Its probably due to the seating position. If I slink down a touch I can see the lights. Everything else is viewable.

The screen is now cut in and mounted behind the carbon dash. I have run all season with it mounted above the scuttle which was great to look at when driving but looked ugly.

So its now between 2 chassis tubes and can not be moved. Therefore new wheel. I wanted to change to suede anyway so *thumbup*

The problem I had was I couldn't mount it in front of the dash as it interfeared with the paddle shift. Every time I came to a tight corner it would have changed gear by itself.

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 29 Nov 2006 08:41:09