Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sod a Blog I'm having a Rant

Delbert

So it all starts at 1.45 yesterday afternoon when some dumb ar 🙆🏻 decides to drill through the main High preasure gas main at the side of the A1, probabally erecting a speed camera *mad*.

So the gas goes off at Chez Delbert, its fairly warm so I'm not to stressed.

Then I get an e-mail from Watford Electronics asking for a scan of my Barclaycard statement to proove I am who I say I am and I live where I live.

No telephone numbers nothing so after a conversation with Barclaycard they ring them and Idenitfy me an authorize the dispatch.This is now 4 oclock.

Now I'm away the rest of the week so I paid and extra £17.95 for a pre 9.30 delivery. Guess what, nope I am still down the goods and they will only deliver to this address and for me to sign.

Not sure how I'm going to get round this one

Anyway back to the gas.

Transco sent a nice man to knock on my door.

Me " So is my gas back on"

NGM " no we have had to turn off your mains and we will reconnect you by Tuesday night. This will take an hour as we will have to bleed the air out

Me " Ummm I am away from 10.00 on Tuesday until next Sunday"

NGM, "we can come on Monday"

Me " I'm away then until Wednesday"

NGM " looks like you will be without gas until a week Thursday then Have a nice day

With which he walks off

I just give up *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)

And it gets worse see the acas christmas party!!!

Trust me I circulated it as a joke and one plonker has taken it seiously.

SO I have a money making scheme

If anybody can be in the Pitcher and Piano on the Newcastle Quayside on the 15th can they please call me a Botty Bandit etc etc.....

I will be traumatised enough to pay a large bill at Scholar 😬

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)

So I get back all excited about a Trackday tomorow to find I still got no gas, I still got no lappies and a further insult..

My house has been Council Tax banded 2 bands above where the piggin developer told me it would be...so thats the upgrade budget not just gone but decimated for a good 6 months.......

Need to find some 🙆🏻to kick PDQ............

And whats more some twonk has decorated hi piggin house with a Santa that looks like it is having Beastial knowledge of Rudolph

Ah the Santa has gone!!!!!! apparently the residents Assoc complained....

Only know cos a "reprosentative" called here to noight to complain that ZeNA is toooooo loud at 7 o'clock on a Saturday morning

You can guess my reaction so I guess my invite to the residents mince pie and cheap sherry evening will not be in the post *thumbup*

Then after a wonderfull weekend of Blatting, Trackday and picking up a loaad of new shiney bits for ZeNA I went to get some fuel......

All Major Credit cards was what the sign said

£70 I discover that the gentlemen from the sub continent does not see Amex as a Mayor card.

But instead of the usual "I'm sorry sir we do not take Amex" my card was thrown back at me and the phrase "You better have another way to pay"

Ohhh I never realised how theraputic completely renting a tirade of abuse onto some body you will never see again can be....

All stress relived, indegestion gone and I'm ready for a busy week , well by my standards

Ahhhh yes the gas....

That was a big surprise...

Returned home on friday to a note telling me to ring upon my return and they would arrange an appointment to reconnect

So expecting the appointment to be on The third Wednesday after hell freezing over I rang to be told

"An engineer will be with you in under 4 hrs, that was at 3.45pm....

4.10 knock on the door, man from Transco "come to check your bolier Sir"

"I'm not married" I replied

Alwight then sir I 'll reconnect and check the central heating.

4.15 house warming up

SO a big up to Transco and customer service.

As for Amex I'm used to the "I'm sorry,,,,," conversation

But just Flinging the card at me

But I feel so much better, relaxing weekend and a full blown , totally irrational rant at a completly unkown , but not innocent, servant of the public who needs therapy 😬