Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Why are there 6 classes?

Kevin Cherry

Why not live up to our name and have se7en? Why ban anything? Why does the car that breaks the all the rules have a club that wants to introduce more of them?

It appears from what I've read here that it is understood by everyone that we need to encourage more members into competition and therefore they must be able to drive to an event and win that event class without any modification to their road car. The classes have been chosen to allow this and this appears to be applauded by everyone on here, well done. But why make some of the existing cars redundant? Why does Class 6 exist at all? Are Class 6 cars driven on the road? No they are NOT! so get rid of them as clearly new competitors will NOT be in Class 6. If you decide to keep them then ask why road cars, doing road mileage are forced into Class 6 with light weight racers? If there are sufficient cars, say 7, that want to run certain rubber on their road cars then they should have a place and if necessary a Class of their own. If the initial championship registrations do not attract sufficient numbers of cars for any class then that class can be amalgamated with the next one up.

Isn't it simple? 7 Classes for se7ens

Kev

Class 6 is an esental part of the champoinship structure. The aim to to be inclusive, CC have produced some track only cars non road legel and we must cater for these.

"Are Class 6 cars driven on the road? " no they are often no road going. They run on slicks.

Class 6 can be entred by anyone, so if you have a non tax, non MOT 7 you can pop it on a trailer and still have fun at a sprint or hillclimb.

"If you decide to keep them then ask why road cars, doing road mileage are forced into Class 6 with light weight racers?"

If you have not tried sprinting or hillclimbs the is always a class for you to have a go. Class 6 offers this.

I thought a 7 were light weight racers? the only diffrence is tyres, and engine spec.

"Why ban anything?" I can not see that anything has been banned, just a change of structure for the best. If you what wide tyres, ACB 10's you can still come an have fun but you will be in class 6.

David

Thanks very much David that clarifies things quite a bit.

I had assumed however that the classes were restructured to give closer competition and encourage newcomers.

Has there ever been a novice in Class 6? I suspect not.

We have a situation where existing road legal cars (I presume they competed this year) and any novices with a similar spec are expected to perform next year with the race cars that have no lights, no proper seats, very soft slick tyres and probably huge engine specs etc. Surely this will not provide for close competition?

Why are we chasing away existing competitors by forcing upon them high additional costs? meanwhile we are only hoping for a few new novices? Why not have both? use Class 7

It may not work but surely it's worth a try?

Kev

Class 6 monsters are a great example of what can be acheived (witness Brodie and Co. beating single seater cars up the hill/round the track *smile*).

As a novice I know it's going to cost before I even think about being competitive (Shoes, Gloves, Undies, Racesuit, Lid, 1A tyres) plus nice to haves of Aeroscreen and New Extinguisher (Essential anyway IMHO)

Without the Class System I have no chance of being competitive. Personally I'll do all I can to get up that hill as fast as I can without falling off on List 1A (normal road) tyres. The fact I've been grouped in Class 1 means I get to compete in a group of similar powered cars.

Motorsport is always expensive. Believe me it's not without a lot of thought that I'll be driving for maybe 10 minutes during a full day rather than spending same money on an open pitlane trackday. It's all about the competition and the club. The Classes are necessary and allow that.

2penneth ended 😬

1.4K SS 😬 here 'You've got be in it to lose it !'

Well I got the sticker for 06 but I didn't race, the roll bar and helmet stopping me(financial).

I have now got a tall roll bar on order and have most of the gear but have only a quality bike helmet ☹️ *confused*

I did a number of track days this year and preferred the sprint type days.

But it is expensive to get the car ready whether you do the full series or just 1 sprint. I dread to think what the annual budget is for you guys.

I am running on r888's but feel I will be completely out powered in class 3 and 135bhp.

Marc

The CarThe Club Built

Vvvrrrooomm

Edited by - MarcNS on 4 Dec 2006 16:13:03

Marc - with 135 you shouldn't be outpowered at all, the vast majority of cars in this class (and 2) are k supersports (or similar) pushing out between 135-145 bhp, and with a cap of 160 bhp for other cars

what is the spec of your car 🤔

I have no idea about the R888's haveing never driven on them, but it if is your first year I wouldn't worry too much as the biggest barrier will be learning which way the courses go and understanding how to get the best out of yourself and the car. And also understand if it is your cup of tea/enjoy it *thumbup*

For next year the stickiest tyres for class 3, have been banned so the tyre issues should be less of an issue for you

also if you are a novice there is the novice championship to enter where your scoring will be matched against other novices and there releative performance agains the class winners *thumbup* and I would suspect you would quickly find competitors who run a similar pace to yourself who you can benchmark yourself against..

one thing to question is the spec of your helmet as it needs to conform to various standards and I am not 100% sure of bike helmet eligibility *confused*

rob