Click here if you are having website access problems ×

More Smiles

Slider7

I'll think you will find that this is a serious forum and such frivilous items detract from the well thought out and knowledgeable discussions that are created in this hallowed chamber.

It would be a shame if this forum degenerated into a cheap free for all with silly threads, un warranted hi jacks and psudeonyms.....

After all this is a car forum not a Take That appreciation site

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)

What's going on in the one with a bear bonking a jeep *confused*

I've always wanted a "handbags" one for some of arguments and "I'm very easily offended" threads but they should be used sparingly - there are too many at your link, and some of them are much too big. Also, BC's limited set encourages a degree of inventiveness

*eek*

🙆🏻

*thumbup*

The smilies used on here are small (15 x15 px) so that they don't disrupt the text flow of the message, I am reluctant to use ones that are much larger than this as I think that they make the posts difficult to read owing to the spacing requirements of the images.

You can see evidence of this in many forums based on phpbb, or ikonboard where the images are larger; the ones that are taller than about 15px mean that the line-height is inconsistent through the post, those that are wider because they have say, a smiley rolling from left to right and back, leave large gaps in the text, the jaw-dropping one (not shown in the list you refer to) is perhaps the worst offender for line-height.

As you can tell, I'm not keen.

Fair point ... but can't see the problem of having some extra 'small' smilies that aren't offensive *confused* ... doens't have to be a massive increase 😬

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks for your suggestion Mav *thumbup*

I however am a bit of a newbie regarding this ... so how do I proceed : which program do you use, which format, ... etc etc ... *confused*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

OK *thumbup* ... had a look at the list and made a selection of smilies with reasonable size ... which shouldn't cause any offence ... :

:oops:

:jap:

:crevard:

:oui:

:non2:

:mad:

:love:

:boude:

8=)

:ouin:

:coucou:

:voyons:

:arf:

:cloe:

:ange:

Will leave it up to you which one & how many you select for putting on BC ... *wink*

Regarding the copyright ... I also post on the bespoke French forum ... so if I can help, just let me know ...

Thanks in advance.

Edited by - Slider@7 on 26 Nov 2006 16:27:06

In the interests of balance, I'm with Mr Site Manager - I really don't see the need for any more smilies - I think we have enough, but if any more are added they should definitely none bigger than the standard.

The wide range of animated smilies on other fora (I knew my education would come in handy one day) really irritates me

Keep it simple, less is more, etc etc