Click here if you are having website access problems ×

red line oil for 5 spead gearbox

eric

I use it in my diff - it's very thick and bright red. To be honest, my diff isn't any quieter for it but I haven't noticed any problems yet (only road driving so far on this oil)

I use Redline lightweight in my gearbox - the green stuff - after 10,000 miles, the oil hasn't even gone black! No probs (touch wood) with my box yet despite hard use on tracks and sprints as well as road use

Guys not sure if this is what you need to hear but we have used this oil in a gt3 porsche and would not recomend it for road use, it claims to be something that we felt it did not live up to. the main problem was not the gears but the diff. plates very exesive wear in a short time . I hope i hav,ent scared any one .As i said this was only our experience. After this we used MOBIL 1 and had no more problems.

Mark smile.gif

I was also recommended the ugly green stuff Alex already mentioned and used it since last year without any problems. It´s still green after a few track-days but most amazing: I opened up the gearbox this morning and even after 5 month standing around in the workshop the oil still sticks to the top of the Quaife alloy-cover. That stuff is stickier than chewing-gum obviously....

Steve Perks from SPC recommended it to me for the 5speed Typ 9.

Marius