Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oz Clark / James May

Mrs GTD

Did anyone else see the programme on BBC2 tonight? Is it just me or was there zero chemistry between the two of them? IMO the whole thing seemed really forced. James May acted like a moody adolescent and Oz Clark was just too full of hippy-ish enthusiasm.

The best bit was May describing introducing Clark to the delights of sports cars, then to get the 'feel' of a sports car suggesting they sit in a tub of unleaded 😬

Mrs GTD - Minimum Wage Slave

There will definatley be a row, a month together.....

Christ most people cannot stand me for a week and I'm not half as sarcastic as May 😳

And the other issue is Oz is determined that May will learn about the "Excelent wines" rather than the £5......

Lets face it onec you have slept with Felicity Kendal Jade Goodie will not be very satisfying

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)

Edited by - Delbert on 27 Nov 2006 21:01:31

The part where they filmed Oz Clarke meeting his brother John is about 10 minutes from us near a place called Cologne (St Anne to be precise) about 10 minutes north of us). John Clarke was a parent at the school I used to work in (International School Of Toulouse) and a good friend. We were invited along with a few others to enjoy the pig they carved up and some of that wine. The V12 Jag was, er, a bit of a dog (leaking fluids all over the place) however there were six accompanying vehicles with the trip - one of which was a service barge for the Jag 😬

As to the relationship between Oz and May......I was unsure how much was staged and how much was genuine venom. Certainly after a glass or thrice all were quite fine *smile* May seemed quite a shy but genuine chap. I have met Oz several times before (through John) and he always seems to be a bit, er, eccentric? Both May and Oz said they enjoyed the trip very much liking Carcassone and the castle/fort the most....

I enjoyed the TV programme but was probably doing so for the wrong reasons ie "look, thats John, on TV, we were there....that's the pig blah blah blah 😬"

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off.

Groucho Marx

Updated photos here