Click here if you are having website access problems ×

OK , rules determined ......moving on

Jason Plato

😬 l'll start the bidding with this little number ......here

Kumho exsta V70a in 235/45/13 soft compound *tongue*. These were only 3/10's slower round Curbuggar than A24 ACB's *biggrin*. 175 fronts are quite wide for a 175 . Or of course we could use 235 on the fronts too *wink*. These would also be OK in the wet.

here is C7 TOP

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 21 Nov 2006 15:32:30

I used these Kumho's at Curborough a coupe of years ago in class 5 and managed to come 3rd in a well populated class beating a few R400 cars on ACB10's. My car had silmilar straight line performance but no LSD. I think the time was 59.04secs. Only people that beat me were Dave J and Darrel South both with more power and better spec cars.

These tyres are pretty good and there is little difference between them and ACB10's apart from they way they feel and the wear rate seems to be higher than an ACB10.

We ran then at LLandow and the build up of rubber on the edges of teh tyre was alarming, that said it was the first outing for the car and drivers for many years and the setup was poor.

So one could say, if your going to ban ACB10's based on performance then why should we allow these Kumho's?

Tony

ACB 10's have not been banned as the are to quick. The aim is to get as many people to enter and ACB's were seen my some as block to people sprinting. All the current cars come with radial tyres from Caterham. The idea is you can buy your 7 and drive to a sprint the same day and not be disadvantaged by not running cross plys.

Its about being more inclusive.

David

Tart! who are you calling a Tart!

Dave, DSL is right, this was the occasion I was forced (by my wife) to try my own car (ali and white) at the August Curbugger. It has a BDG engine but only manages 98 over the line so probably around 200hp, no LSD and narrow track.

The funny thing is that I was going to try the Kumho's in 215 and 235 spec rather than ACB10's as I believe they could be as fast as ACB10's once setup properly (they are also cheaper).

I am also hoping that the bigger rear tyre will cope with 300hp.

Ok Here are the starting prices. These are not yet bulk buy figures only best prices.

They are all inclusive of vat and if we would like to attend a given venue will also be changed at the venue foc.

175 60 13 £65 5 - 6" rim

215 50 13 £75 7 - 8" rim

235 45 13 £85 7.5 - 9" rim

However "I'll get them on any size rim" Supose we need to try some 😬

Hope those sound ok.

When I told him ACB's were banned he laughed and said "f******g right to" now where's my order pad 😬

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 22 Nov 2006 14:41:58

215 will fit on 8.5 " rim nicely. HAd some on there my self. They give you same rr as 185 /60.You could get them on a 7.5 or 8 if you wanted too.

235 really need a 9" rear. but will fit a 8.5" . They give you very similar RR to 205 /60 tyre.

RED 2.0 HPC 230BHP *thumbup* *smile*

Would 215s fit on a 6.5" rim and fit under a standard front cycle wing

I think the 215 would be a bit wide for the 6.5 rim, it would fit but may be a bit bulbous and bouncy. I was going to mount this size on my bling gold 8" fronts 😬

anything wider then 195 width fails to fit under my std caterham wings.

here is C7 TOP

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Thanks for that Dave

I am taking my wheels to MB next week anyway for crack testing and refurb so could get the fronts adjusted accordingly 😬

Just about to order some new standard cycle wings so may swap these for wider.

Hope it still fits on a Minno 🤔

Martin