Click here if you are having website access problems ×

It's come!

PorkieAndBest

Finally after months of waiting. Driven it home. Not hit anything. Only stalled it once, kangarooed once (leaving CML, in full view of the open day punters). Could not get the damn thing started at Donnington Service Station in the dark. Wife may need time to adjust (or replacing) ;).

I must change my sig block now I've actually got a...

CSR200. It's yellow, noisey and zippy as a pair of Rod's trousers...

---

David

Upgrade first? Well it's not so much a question of upgrade, more a question of "clearing". That would be the Mark 9.1 Nat West Overdraft I think you'll find.

But once that minor detail is out of the way, I need a decent tool kit, night light, rear view mirrors, might even get a sat nav. Hope Santa is reading this.

What should I be upgrading?

---

David

Hmmmm - the overdraft thing - you'll find that if you ignore it your debt tolerance will simply increase to match. It's a bit like the aeroscreen - doesn't get less windy over time, you just find that you don't notice so much any more.

Upgrade - the predictable answers are driver (some instruction - great Christmas present idea as you can present it as a safety issue), then tyres depending what you have on it now.

Sorry - all a bit serious for down here! I'm going to ask our cats if they have know anything about a missing chicken!

Heading back to Blighty!

"I'm going to ask our cats if they have know anything about a missing chicken!"

GTD: Well Stan DId you do it ?

Stan Dixon : Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

GTD : Come on we've got CCTV that puts you in the area at the time, having a pony in the neighbours rose bed

Stan Dixon : Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

GTD : Just tell what happened

Stan Dixon : Me how ?

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Bravissimo: Humm... Something else to spend my money on (for a friend of course, I'd look silly in a pair of hamocks (although I'll try almost anything once...)).

Beards: Oh dear. Good job this 'tinernet doesn't do video. It's more stuble anyway.

Overdrafts: In life, it's important to look forwards. That overdraft was way, way in the past...

What will santa bring me: (No, not gurlie wear) Hoping for a nice little tool kit.

Current problem: That little immobiliser does not work most of the time. I feel my first "Tech" question coming on.

Future problem: Picking up kids from pictures in 10 minutes.

Ta ta.

---

David. CSR200.

Current problem: That little immobiliser does not work most of the time. I feel my first "Tech" question coming on.

Bugger Tech talk, get cc ml to sort it, Its new ain't it 😳

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)

Yay! Another new car in the sheds *thumbup* *hands out celebratory curly wurlies to everyone* *smile*

Sheds version of Tech Talk:

Q) My imobiliser is duff (i think) ... HELP!

A) Rip out all the wiring and immobiliser thingy and install one of Myle's super duper aircraft flicky on / off things *tongue* Less wiring = lighter car 😬

*arrowright*Get a Mosaic Poster of YOUR car and help Nuke the Leuk here *arrowleft*

*arrowright*Pictures here *arrowleft*

Edited by - Fletch on 20 Nov 2006 11:31:42

Ripping it out is an option; I rather it worked though. I mean I could reduce the weight by a similar amount by knocking the Mars bars on the head. I've asked my version of the Q on Tech Talk. Only time will tell if there's an answer...

I've also realised that the ground clearance is way too low; I can feel another Tech Q coming on.

My solution - realise I have left the blipper 40 miles away, add a dunce's cap to the white armani suit I always wear for car related jobs - hire a car, drive home to pick up blipper, return hire car to garage, blip the little blippy thing, and another job well done - the platignum credit card never fails - who needs Tech Talk! *cool*

Heading back to Blighty!