Click here if you are having website access problems ×

James Blonde

db

Enjoyed it. I won't publish spoilers, but look away now if you don't to read my frank view.

I think it's quite a bitty piece, but an enjoyable film and a long stretch from the cliche Bonds which have gone before. There is a genuine sense that you are watching a new type of film, together with the new actor. There is proper acting, and a proper attempt to put some character behind someone we've known for forty years. Whilst Craig is good (reprising a Layer Cake role of the moral but reluctant and troubled killer), the bint is terrible. I've seen more chemistry delivered by form 4B - and they know nothing about chemistry. The director can only have failed to see North By NorthWest prior to trying a train seduction scene. Loser. The story is elongated but broadly strongly faithful to the book, and the best dialogue and most memorable scenes are taken verbatim from the book. I never thought they'd cut the seat out of the wicker chair. Oh no. The action scenes are well executed, but the music throughout the film is terrible, subduing the mood and tension. Oh for just a touch more Monty Norman, even if it would have drawn us back into the cliche.

My ... Preciousss!