Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Xflow with twin webers

Westfield

Thanks Brent.

Anyone know how long they should be? There seems to be several lengths available. Will I notice the difference if I fit some? The car runs really well at the moment, will I have to alter the jetting or anything else?

Thanks

Tony

Your car will definitely run better with ram pipes (bellmouths). They will allow more airflow and higher gas speeds, so if your carbs are jetted correctly now (which they probably aren't) you may need to go up on your main jet sizes, and possibly air correctors too.

Best to get it on a rolling road with an operator that can actually work on Webers. (Not all can!)

Chris.

Tony,

Totally agree with Chris, when you fit the trumpets you will probably need to rejet and RR.

Speak to Mick at Redline, 01883 346515, they have loads of experience of 1700 engines, do mail order and are cheap.

I had to fit trumpets as my carbs were from a 1600, they supplied me with jets and tubes too. Made a big difference - lots smoother through the revs and more power (which is nicesmile.gif)

When I had the car rolling roaded the jets I had bought were pretty much spot on.

Steve

www.Se7en-Up.co.uk id=limegreen>

The easiest trumpets to fit, are the Dellorto ones. They bolt straight on, over the same studs that the K&N backplates use. The Weber ones, have to fit alongside the chokes, so depending on what chokes you have, you may need them machined.

I bought my trumpets from Burtons. As to size, I think I used 45mil, but as long as you have 15 mil or so clearence between the end of the trumpet and the air filter, they will be ok.