Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Panoramic mirrors

RichardUSA

Since most on this forum are UK you may not have experience with this particular manufacturer, but does anyone have advise *thumbup* *thumbdown* on this type of mirrror for street driving? It has been recommended to me but I thought I'd get free opinions before my Christmas list is made *wink*

Other manufacturers I should check out?

Hey Bubba watch this!

Don't bother

*idea* Get a pair of "Nifty's Bits" mirrors here fitted with the convex Touring mirrors and have NO yes that's NO blidspots. Sorry I'll just feel that again. Blindspots.

1, Run with no sidescreens,

2, see where you are going,

3, see who's on your six.

Smashin.

Edited by - susser on 12 Nov 2006 19:06:15

Susser,

How do you use the Nifty Bits side mirrors with Perspex windwings? Looks like they would be mutually exclusive, because they use the same mounts.

Anyone using aeroscreens is searching for mirror solutions with one arm tied behind his back....

I have driven a Seven with the "Mirrors for Sevens" 4-panel panoramic mirror, and I found it to be excellent. It is a "scaled-down for Sevens" version of the Wink 5-panel or 4-panel panoramic mirror that has been used in racing in USA for decades.

I would use the panoramic mirror in conjunction with small motorcycle-type side mirrors. The panoramic mirror is in my opinion a superior substitute for any scuttle-mounted center mirror.

Alaskossie

And I'll just add that;

Looking for the overtaker at your shoulder, the angle of view with my mirrors is so good that when someone moves out of my drivers mirror he will be just at my shoulder, so the lifesaver look (to my right (your left)) completes the full 360 degree vision.

Obviously something as big as a bike is even easier to spot. *eek*

I need to get my 🙆🏻 in gear

The wind deflector kits are sitting waiting to be polished .. but since we couldn't get any wind deflectors (they were out of stock) the kits haven't been finished.

My field work will go slack in a week or two and then I'll be able to crack on with Seven stuff *thumbup*

Talking of blindspots .. I nearly sideswiped an Astra this evening when I pulled out passed a suddenly slowing car in front on the A11, I did take a look in the mirror but the road appeared clear. and he wasn't up to the side window .. and I need to move quickly to avoid rear-ending the tw@ who'd decided to stop in front of me

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Thanks for the thoughts. I think I may try to stuff the stocking with one. Seems looking in one location (generally) vs center mirror, left mirror, right mirror is a better approach. The more unified field of view has to give a better idea of what is happening around you.

I can't believe that in 7-8 posts nobody said "what's it matter the mirrors you use? If they're behind they should never catch you.......". 😬

Hey Bubba watch this!

I recall there was a company in the UK offering these for fitment to any car back in the 60's. I tried one at a motor show but didn't really think it offered any real benefit over a standard mirror coupled with what were (then) wing mirrors.

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

One of these would be on my christmas list - - - except I've just switched to brooklands. *tongue*

I have seen them up close, and they are quite well made. *thumbup* They also give you a very good view not only directly behind the car, but to each side. They are flat mirrors, so there is no distortion. Curved center mirrors are not too usefull IMHO because of the inherent distortion.

...not sure about the rest of you, but I tend to use my rear view mirrors quite a bit - to keep a look out for the local "officers of the law" and also to keep from out braking the car behind! *eek* 😬

ELV15 - Tom in California -

200hp duratec powered 2003 Clubsport Build pics here: here

Interesting - the Rae Davis prepared Sprite at the Goodwood Revival had one of those mirrors - I was wondering where they were from. I wonder if there's a neat way to fasten it to the front of a full roll cage?

Heading back to Blighty!