Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rivets inside the chassis

Tyrone

I'm about to refix a passenger footwell and besides needing a ferret trained to use a rivgun it has occurred to me that the remnants of rivets in the chassis frame that I need to drill out to fit the 'well will fall inside the tubing and doubtless roll around inside making a right racket. Now I've got shot of the crossflow I will hear it.

I'm not the first, so what's the answer?

LOL 😬

How much Dinitrol/Waxoyl will I need to fill the rails and will it splurge out of every exisiting hole in the chassis. If there are any morbidities within the tubing will the treatment deal with it or accelerate it by trapping it in?

Thanks Guys. Fester, are we talking about spraymount?

Mark, you are, as ever, correct. Too much Heavy Metal as a teenager ☹️

With regard to the POR15, my tintop is going in for a service which is done by our own workshop. I'm going to soft soap the head mechanic and ask if I can ponce one of their lifters one Saturday. Did you finish yours?

well I painted the rear chassis (after rubbing down any rusty bits) but I guess I'll have to do some more this time.

I f you get a lift sorted for us both do you fancy going halves on the POR15?

I listened to too much heavy metal as well!

Tyrone, I dunno, the sticky stuff you spray on large surfaces to make things adhere to them.....maybe spraymount.

It was Darren P who told me they use it, I assume he meant Arch used it.! Any spray on glue which would get down to the lowest point of the tubes where the rivet remains would otherwise be moving around constantly.

SeaView!!!!

😬 😬here *eek* *eek*

What's the point of using glue when waxoyl will kill two birds with one stone as it were, rustproofing and sticking the rivets in one, the aerosol sprays of waxoyl or dinitrol underseal are great, come with a tube and if you warm the can up in a bucket of warm water for a while before you spray it , it stays runny enough to run down inside the tubes a ways before it sets.