Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyreweld

MTH

My girlfriend has just bough a Smart Car which doesn't have a spare wheel. If she gets a puncture I'd like her to have something in the car to at least get her home. It' not likely to be more than 10 miles as the car is unlikely to be used for anything other than going to work.

I'ev searched the archives and Tyreweld seems to be recommended (a puncture repair kit wouldn't be used). Is this still the 'best' thing to use?

Thanks

Mark

I carry tyreweld in the 7, currently a french version after my can of Holts was stolen. Have similar but Renault branded in my Clio 182 as well, though in that they give you two cans to make sure there is enough to fix the wheel.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX

see here - UPDATED again

All these products are in the "sort of work" category but I reckon they would get you 10 miles home. Tyre fitters hate the stuff because they get covered in it, but there y'go.

I once had to use one on a pushbike, it got me home but that was the end of it. The tube was scrap afterwards and TBH it was a sod getting the tyre off because the latex had glued the tyre on the rim and I half trashed it getting it off.