Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Upgrades

Adman

1) What tyres have you got.I have recently changed from Michelin Pilots to Yokohama A032R's. Total cost around £250 - the best £250 I have ever spent.

2) I have also upgraded the front brakes with James Whiting Kit which is around £450. These make a considerable difference being more progressive and giving much more feel.

3) Am now in process of replacing the Rover MEMS with Emerald M3D unit (£500) and also replacing the standard intake plenum chamber with QED throttle bodies (£750) This should give approx 20 bhp more but also gives the opportunity for future upgrades such as cam shafts, porting the head, bigger valves etc.upto around 190 bhp

The Rover MEMS is very restrictive as can not be easily remaped so needs to be changed first.

Have you looked at the following page:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/DVAndrews/kengine.htm

Dave Andrews appears to be the guru in advising on tuning the K series.

There are a number of 7 owners who participate in a forum known as the sevens list ( se7ens.net ), there are regularily a number who are upgrading their engines under Daves direction - including me.

Geoff's post makes sense I think, especially tyres.

Have you got a rear anti roll bar? Hyperion have just fitted one to my 7 and it has improved things no end.

On the suspension side, a flat floor setup would be worth considering; perhaps new (and better?) shocks as well if yours are tired.

Join the rush for 13" Minilite type wheels if you haven't already got some.

To make use of it all, have a bit of fun, and maybe improve your skills...

get along to an Easytrack day.

plug>

Nick