Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tech Forum - Championship Points System

Mark Durrant

I also agree with three trophies in all classes, being jealous of someone in another class getting one when you're not is well.. a bit sad. If people are really that hungry for bit of metal maybe that'll encourage more entries in the less supported classes 😬 Perhaps it would also help take away any sense of elitism within the championship. As for winning one by default, even if the competitor was much slower, it doesnt mean they werent trying really hard (for their ability/car/whatever). In the end, from what i've seen, it puts smiles on peoples faces whether novice or Jason Plato, and surely that is the whole point of the sprint events in the first place? Anyway, wasnt there 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies in the US grand prix with 6 finishers or whatever? *cool*

As there is no way I will ever win a class trophy ☹️, the only trophy I compete for is fastest lady.

I know that this will only be available if there are at least 3 ladies entered.

I enter the sprints never knowing if there will be a trophy until I receive the final regs. This is surely the same for the poorly supported classes. I never think "Oh! there's no prize therefore I won't compete", because I sprint for the fun 😬 and the camaraderie of my fellow competitors *thumbup*. I have, however, tried to encourage more ladies to join the fun so that there will be a prize.

Mrs K