Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tech Forum - Review of Classes 4 & 5

Mark Durrant

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myles,

The novice championship runs in parallel to the class and overall champs. No special rules or class for it. You run your car in the overall championship class it fits in. Your novice champ points are then based (currently) on how well you do against the 2nd place person in your class at an event.

What this means is you have to be competitive in your class. So for you, as it stands with you modified 1.8k you would be running in class 4 or 5(depending on tyres). This means you'll be up against cars with 230+ bhp.

BUT you'll find it is the driver that limits you more than your car. For example I often beat other novices on times alone who were running in class 5 with 90+bhp more than me.

Basically I guess I'm saying for your novice year don't worry about the regs and what class you are in too much. Just get out there and compete. You'll get more pleasure from seeing an improvement event on event rather than scoring the max points in the novice champ.

A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad.

An Optimist hopes they are!

I thought Myles had taken part in some sprints in Scottingland this year.

Does the L7C Novice champinship allow previously entered competitors to enter as a novice?

Is there a minimum number of sprints under which you are still counted as a novice?

We had avery good and productive Tech Forum and once I have had a chance to check with Brian Lyall who helps with the regs I will publish the outcome on here. Please baer with me as I have been away all weekend and have a few domestic chores waiting for me 😳

Mav

If anyone has competed in a sprint before they will not qualify as a novice, even if it was north of the border

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*