Click here if you are having website access problems ×

carbon front wings on e-bay

bryn7

The blue ones look like 13" to me.

15"/16" front wings on 13" wheels will look terrible. *confused*

They are much longer and have a bigger radius to accomodate the bigger wheel, and even if you cut down your wingstay it will not fit the profile of your tyre. *thumbup*

I have never been asked to produce a carbon wing in 15"/16" size yet? *confused*

R500 Mango Madness

Peter, you may be right. Just looked like more than normal clearance on the blue ones. Agree that 15/16 arches are not the best look with 13" wheels but they do allow people to switch between larger touring tyres and track orientated tyres which some people do.

Steve

Superlight #63

Sorry for hijack but I would very much like to learn more about this wheel and tyre debate. I have 15 inch 10 spoke CC anthracite alloys running CR500s.

I have carbon front wings and I am told that I could run 13inch wheels and say Yoko 48s as the profile of the tyre is that much larger it would appear the same. As in the wings are the same as Peter perhaps hints at. Am I right or wrong? 🤔

thanks and good luck to buyer and seller - seem like nice pair 😳 *tongue* 😬 *thumbup*

Zak

New funky FLASH site now LIVE!

www.zak7.com

The latest CC 15" wheels with CR500s do indeed use "13/14 Cycle wings" as they are known.

The wings Bryn's selling are the "15/16" cycle wings as used on cars which left the factory on prisoners or the big 16" 5 spokes.

I've got to say that these wings are pretty much the nicest carbon wings I've ever seen. The one's on bryns own car (same) aren't lacquered at all, just plain carbon, they dont need any further tarting up and whats more, they look just as nice on the other side. You wont be dissapointed.

Without giving too much away, if you want to see some more examples of the workmanship from the same factory look here