Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting lower screen seal

John Gaines

AFAIR It's a bit tricky to fit - lubrication is required, KY, Swarfega or washing - up liquid, plus plenty of effort - leave excess each side for adjustment after re-fitting the screen to the car - pull ends as required and trim to size (leave some excess behind part of the stanction.)

Thas how I did it, but twas some time ago *thumbup*

allen

• Support Team

Fitting it into the screen is the easy bit - I just used a screwdriver to push the bead in. The hard bit is getting it to lay flat on the scuttle - I still haven't achieved that properly so if you manage it then I'll be interested in how you did it.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I dont know if it is always the case but the profile that i was sent was handed,with a more pronounced curve in one direction, so if you want to avoid fitting it twice have a good look at it before you start. I fed it in from the end and used dilute shampoo (less salt than washingup liquid) to lube the slot.

John,

Fit the seal to the screen, leaving equal length tails either end. DO NOT remove them yet. Lubricate the mating face of the seal with a little washing-up liquid and set the screen in place with the 3 screws either side and also ensure that the stanchion bolts are loosened. Feed each tail of the seal through the 'triangular' hole in the stanchions. Now tighten the 3 screws on each side of the screen. The whole assembly (screen & stanchions) should now be free to move a little on the loosened bolts. Now, while pulling down on one tail of the seal through the triangular hole (this will eliminate any buckles and bulges in that side of the seal) tighten the stanchion bolts which will cause the stanchion to grip the seal and hold it in place. Repeat the process on the other side. Finally, VERY CAREFULLY, use a scalpel blade, or similar, to trim off the seal tail against the inner edge of the triangular hole in the stanchion. Eh - voila!!

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

Edited by - Harry Flatters on 9 Nov 2006 18:45:24