Camshaft verniers

EDB fabricated 4-2-1 SS exhaust with repackable SS silencer from nf auto

Emerald ECU with EU3 converter

New spark plugs

New cam belt when verniers fitted at approx 25,000 miles

In fact, everything needed for instant use

Prefer to sell complete.

£2500, but will entertain sensible offers

Can be tried-out before I remove it, but only by serious potential purchasers.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Edited by - Tony C on 7 Nov 2006 21:11:33

Edited by - Tony C on 9 Nov 2006 21:46:28

Edited by - Tony C on 23 Nov 2006 08:29:03

You certainly might have done. I met a whole lot of very expensive looking sportscars coming the other way - plus one 7 😬

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Sound test video added - I'd better not post the speed achieved during the first all-out accel, but 0 - X took 14 seconds *cool*

Edited by - Tony C on 7 Nov 2006 22:36:41

After lots of fruitless experimentation with the supplied mic I gave up with it and bought one of these from Maplin and because my video camera audio input wasn't totally correct, I then added one of these. I also have a mocrophone like this, but there's no significant difference than the results from the first one from Maplin. I have the mic velcro'd to the crossmember between the dash and the pax footwell, on the higher setting.

Because your video camera may be different, you may need to experiment 😬

Edited by - Tony C on 8 Nov 2006 13:04:50

The rolling road plot from Emerald shows 147 bhp / 6129 and 137 lb ft / 5046.

I was disapointed and Oily was surprised - we were expecting more bhp (and I never could figure-out why Dave Walker kept spraying aerosol grease on the back tyres to stop wheel-spin. "Hey Dave, do you know this is grease?" He is the expert and assured me it was the right stuff) *eek*

However, as I have no idea of the actual standard output, I was more than satisfied by the perceived improvement and considered the modifications to be good value for money.

I think the gain in peak torque and its flatness from 2750rpm is the reason for the much better throttle response, acceleration and smoothness. The lightened flywheel and the 4-2-1 exhaust, as well as the ECU and TB's, all play their part - I definately wouldn't want to go back to the standard set-up 😬

The reason I advertised the whole set-up for sale so early is to give prospective purchasers the chance to try it out - once it's out of the car to make-way for the Duratec - it'll be like buying a puss in a bag 😬

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet removed from car and still available.

For the reduced price of £2500 complete this is essentially a free engine with the bolt-on goodies at 60% of their cost price *cool*