Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BULK BUY - Optimate III SP Battery Conditioner - NOW MOVED TO CHITCHAT

SLR69

I am intending buying myself an Optimate battery conditioner/optimiser but thought that I would negotiate a bulk buy on behalf of L7C members so am looking at this stage to see what interest there is.

Basically the more we buy the larger the discount but price wise at present I have secured prices of between £30.25 (26-50), £29.50 (51-100) and £28.95 (100+) compared to the normal RRP of £39.95 - these prices inc VAT but p&P is additional. I am hoping however to improve on these prices and am trying to obtain a further 10% discount so these prices would be a worst case scenario.

In addition, the only two options to consider are a wall bracket at about £5.90 and a 2 metre fused permanent extension cable at about £4.11 (again worst case scenario prices).

So I can see what if any interest there is would you please let me know if you are interested.

For those of you that don't know the ins & outs of the Optimate, the latest model is the Optimate III SP and it has a 5-step automatic programme as follows:

1. Tests the battery for possible deep discharge or sulphation. If necessary, the OptiMate IIISP automatically engages a special high voltage recovery mode (maximum 22V) with controlled very low fixed current, so as to desulphate very flat batteries, for up to 2 hours, controlled by an internal timer.

2. Charges at 0,6 Amps constant current ('bulk charging' stage) until the monitoring circuit indicates the battery should be able to crank the engine

3. During a 30 minute timed verification stage the OptiMate IIISP ensures that even well-used batteries are brought to full charge saturation. If necessary the programme reverts automatically to the bulk charging stage, as many times as necessary within the 30 minute period to ensure the battery is thoroughly charged.

4. During a timed 30-minute pause in its programme during which the yellow charge LED flashes, the circuit monitors the battery's voltage drop, or, if the battery remains connected to it, a fault in the vehicle wiring system. This is to identify batteries unable to retain their charge adequately when taken off charge. Battery (or vehicle wiring) defects are identified by the red LED indicating. The circuit will continue to offer the battery 'float charge' support until disconnected.

5. Batteries which pass the voltage retention test are signalled by the green LED and are then offered charge current according to their need for 30 minutes in each hour thereafter so as to support connected electronic alarms or other small loads. The voltage retention check (step 4) is then repeated during each alternative half-hour thereafter for as long as OptiMate IIISP and battery remains connected.

Hopefully this gives you an idea of the product spec and also the price involved.

Regards

Stuart

Guernsey Area Organiser

Kawasaki Green SLR No 69

Edited by - slr69 on 2 Nov 2006 15:08:22

Oh Simon do you realise what you've let yourself in for *eek* 😬. Well done. 😬

Already got one myself but would highly recommend to others who haven't to get one. Mines mounted on one of the garage rafters with an extension attached so that as soon as I get out of the seven I plug the extension (converted to cigarette lighter end) into a socket under the dash. Job done *thumbup*

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

Norman,

Thanks.

I am getting them direct and not from a dealer so will get a better price for L7C members.

I am hoping to obtain VAT free and can then reduce the price to members albeit anything supplied from Guernsey to the UK over a certain price (£18 I think) VAT has to be charged, so I will have to finalise the exact figure once I know numbers, postage, etc.

Stuart

• Area Representative

Stuart - I regularly buy stuff from 7dayshop.com who are based in your part of the world and FWIW their VAT cutoff is certainly £18.00.

If you can get the EX. VAT price down to that level I'll be extremely impressed *smile*

Crudders