Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Chin spoiler

paul jacobs

When the CSR was introduced it sported a neat glass fibre spoiler, which was not moulded into the nosecone, but probably screwed on. I've never seen one of these on the road, maybe the track cars use them. Does anyone know if they are available and more importantly, do they work?

Paul J.

Loud pipes save lives, but quiet ones save your hearing.

Had this conversation (number-plates) recently. The choice being which you preferred out of low-drag and low-lift.

I've always been tempted to mount an ali cross-piece to my undertray - probably close to the axle-line. Partly as a last-gasp sump/oil-filter protector for lightweight debris...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Paul

Do you mean the little aerodynamic whiskers that CSRs come with one on each side of the nose cone which give down force.

You can buy them from Caterham or Demon Tweaks but they are £50 plus VAT a pair?

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle

No, not the whisker things, but a real little chin spoiler that fits under the front of the nose cone. TBH, I want one more for cosmetic reasons than anything else. I've got my number plate stuck onto the top of the NC, and to me, the lower edge of the nosecone looks a little odd, naked, I suppose. I could mount the plate there, which would hide it, but then it may be legible *eek* *cool*

Paul J.

That's the one. *thumbup* No I haven't checked with CC yet, after all, why do the obvious, when it's more fun to go around the houses, and I'm still wondering if they make any difference at all to the handling, from someones' personal experience.

Paul J.

Jez Coates said that they used it for downforce (along with th squared off front wings)...but that the same effect could be achieved...by fitting a number plate !!!!!

I have seen some number plates mounted on 7's angled up and forward a bit like an F1 front wing !!!! 😬

Hopefully "Big Yin" will see this...

He has gone to extremes with the aero dynamics on Lucy including a skirt and under tray.

ISTR that he is using CSR wings and a SV nose with a vent fashioned out.

I know the whiskers are fitted and I think a chin.

Not sure of the results handling wise as I've only seen him in the wet when competing

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)