Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Good morning team

Barbarella

Speaking to you from my new workplace - Race Watch Officer for Velux 5 Oceans race - my task is to keep tabs on competitor positions, any problems they are having, and pass on info to their shore teams etc., thank the Goddess I DON'T have to deal with the media or this first week would have been even more hectic than it actually was.

The hours are not very social, I opted to do the early morning shift 0600 to 1400, which means being asleep by 10:30 latest and not too much to drink in the evenings. But it is nice driving on empty roads. I saw more foxes than people on the way in today.

After all the excitement earlier in the week with boats breaking and heading back to port,it is all quiet this monrning.

Just seen that Sir Robin Knox-Johnston has switched on his satellite tracker beacon which means that he may be about ready to leave La Coruna to re-start the race.

http://www.velux5oceans.com/page/Home/0,,12345,00.html

have a great w/end all you shedly folks

Edited by - Barbarella on 28 Oct 2006 08:15:06

I saw more foxes than people

Well there is a surprise, Didn't I tell you all this would happen......

Stay tuned for The Urban over run ..........

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)

Maybe if the forecast had been more accurate as to wind strength, some skippers might have done that

Think back to the '87 hurricane which wasn't supposed to happen.

In this case, the max. forecast was 40kn, some of them experienced gusts in excess of 70kn, and ave wind speeds of 60kn plus.

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on