Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Various Bits

Chanter

I have various bits for sale for a De dion car:

1. Rear dampers part number 74502 Supersport (96 onwards) New £80 Sold *smile*

2. Rear race springs part number 77844 Vauxhall Race (91 onwards). New £30

3. Tonneau for S3 chassis; no cutouts for Tilletts or FIA bars. As new £75 Sold *smile*

4. Right hand top and bottom wishbones for standard track suspension. Used £40 Now Sold *cool*

5. Front anti roll bar for standard track (narrow bar) with bobbins. Used £25 Sold *smile*

6. Left hand side race aeroscreen. New £28

Edited by - chanter on 27 Oct 2006 12:53:23

Edited by - chanter on 27 Oct 2006 12:56:30

Edited by - chanter on 5 Nov 2006 15:25:24

First dibs on front ARB please.

What size is it? I have an iron lump up front (2.0VX) with terminal understeer and I'm hopeing changing my thick bar to thinner will help.

Why are you selling it? Don't you use one?

Cheers,

Andy

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬

Hi Chanter,

Really interested in the Tonneau for S3 chassis; no cutouts for Tilletts or FIA bars. As new £75.

Does this fit my 1993 vauxhall hpc??? standard leather s types (I can remove the headrests easily.

Cheers

Matt *smile*

Yellow Blur!

Andy

The front ARB is the bar with the orange bobbins and a diameter of 13mm ( I guess 1/2")

I now run widetrack and have fitted a freestyle adjustable bar

Cosmetically it is ok but has been used; your first dibs. If you are still interested please send mail with contact details

KC

StormCP

It should fit all cars post 1991 but the proof will be when you try it. I see that you are not far from me so if you want first dibs we can meet in the middle and give it a try.

If you are interested send mail with contact details

Thanks

KC

Hi Chanter,

Are the rear dampers Bilstein adjustable type? Would they fit a 98 De-Dion with adjustable platforms, and what I think are standard CC springs?

If so, first dibs please.

Oz.

Still Shaking

6 speed 1600k Supersport

ozzy, yes they are the Bilstein adjustable type but to be clear the item for sale is the damper unit only. The adjustable platforms you will have to provide. They will fit the standard linear or progressive rate springs. Sadly the race dampers are not allowed in the Graduate series race regs. so I cannot use them *mad*

Let me know if you want to purchase them

KC

Chanter,

My car currently has Bilsteins with adjustable platforms, with whatever the springs rates were when new. Standard road setup, I would imagine. If the dampers you're selling will take the adjustable platforms I have, then I've got everything else I need.

Just to clarify something though........ You mention that your dampers are the race type? In what way would these be different from the ones I've got on my car? Also, my current dampers bolt through the tube welded to the bottom of the De-Dion, not through it. I trust yours are the same length.

Could you just clarify the above, and if alls well, I'll definately have them.

Cheers,

Oz.

Still Shaking

6 speed 1600k Supersport

Ozzy

The dampers do fit through the tube welded to the bottom of the de-dion and will I am sure fit your car. The race dampers are stronger than the standard items so will tend to "damp" the oscillations of the spring under load to a greater extent. They will "rebound" less than the standard items.

Please send me your details if you wish to proceed

KC