Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Maragoni Zeta Linea Tyres

B Good

I am thinking about changing the tyres on my HPC - the 13 year old 'Pile-ups' have got to go. I don't want to change the wheels at this stage so I have been looking for 205/45/16 tyres. Camskill appear to be virtually giving away Zeta Lineas at the moment - £42 each seems like a very good deal on paper.

On the web-site Marangoni are described as the Parent company of Stunner and they note that the Zeta Linea is the same construction as the Stunner Scudo but with a softer compound. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of these tyres, good or bad?

A relative of mine has fitted this brand of tyre to his Alfa GTV (3.2 ltr) 45 profile in 18". Not sure about the type though? He was trying them instead of F1 Eagles. When I last spoke to him about them he said he was pleased with them. I think he wears the fronts out pretty quickly with only road use. Will make more inquiries at weekend if you are interested to know what exactly what he is running.

Hmmmm...Interesting 😬 😬

The stunners are pretty good on the road!! Softer compound would be an even bigger improvement! Note...Stunners seem to be the List 1a tyre of choice for sprints!

You'd possibly need to go to Yoko 21's for more grip!

Well, if these are listed as 1A tyre next year I know what I'll be replacing the stunners with 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

Cheers Wheely, hold that result at present thanks. I think that for the money the Zeta Lineas have got to be worth a go. Planning to break my track-day viginity next spring Danny boy so anything will be grippier than the current pile-ups!

• Support Team

The Zeta Lineas will possible be dropped from list 1A next year - check your 2006 blue book. I read about these being softer compound than Stunners and searched to see if anyone was using them but to no avail.

Stunners aren't really that soft at all - they have a wear rate value of 300 compared with CR500s value of 20 (essentially the lower the number the softer the tyre - or at least the quicker it will wear out).

Yellow SL *cool* #32