Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New VVC engines

oilyhands

Yes, I would be intressted for the right price and some time to pick it up.

But it has to be complete with loom ecu etc. And preferable as far as possible ready to fit.

Depending mainly on the price then

Edited by - sieds on 6 Mar 2002 07:46:11

Yep David.

Hi again!

None of the scrapyards I've contacted have answered, Oily's offer seemd interesting, and he answered smile.gif but unfortunately many people are hunting sad.gif

/regin

Edited by - rj on 7 Mar 2002 21:47:55

Maybe.. I'll keep an ear out, you'd be surprised though what some people expected for their £750, new engine, ECU, loom, plenum, exhaust, all the peripherals and.. oh BTW did it have a Caterham starter, bellhousing, sump and engine mounts..

Gack..

Oily

If you had 33 interested parties for the few engines you had going...is there anybody on here has the will or the way to get a bulk order of engines from Rover and a reasonable discount for such an order?

If a count of interested parties could be made and a price per unit given out,I'm sure we could have a bulk buy!

I think the going rate for a packaged 1.8K in standard trim is around £3K and that's for a large quantity of engines, the VVC will be considerably more expensive, even with a 'bulk' discount (and PTP wouldnt consider 30 engines 'bulk') you would be hard pushed to get them at any reasonable price.

Oily

I meant that my engine came in a spec that would be considered to be a "service replacement engine", i.e. what the Rover dealers fit to cars which need new engines under warranty. They are new but have no ancillaries, loom or manifolds. It sounds like my engine came from the same place as Oily's.

I dont know what Rover charge for these but mine was about the same. I could ask PTP... give us a minute.

BC

PTP cant supply service engines, but they are going to find out from their associated dealer (Trinity Motors) what they cost.

Hopefully they will also give me an idea of what a fully dressed engine costs based on a purchase of 10 units for example.

Dont hold your breath though.

BC

Thanks Bob,

I'll be ordering my engine at the beginning of april so any better offers will be gratefully accepted.

I'll call Viking to see if they can source one for me.

Am I right in thinking you didn't have an engine to give in exchange? Because I don't and I think I would be hard pushed to find one.