Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight-spec 7 on eBaY

jonnyleroux

Hi Jonny,

That would be my old car then *thumbup*

I can confirm that the car had no accident damage during my 4 year ownership and that the car was a Caterham demo - the very same car infact that they test drove on Driven - a piece of Caterham history no less *wink*

I don't suppose by some bizzare twist of fate it ended up with the engine I sold you seperately did it???

Good luck with the sale - I hope it ends up with a good owner. It seems like a steal to me *thumbup*

Ben

thanks Ben. over 50 watchers so hopefully the car will fetch the reserve. If it doesn't then we'll just have to modify the truck so we can take 7 cars instead of 6! There's nothing wrong with this car and could continue to earn us money next year if we had the means to store and transport it.

Jonny

BaT

Gutted and gobsmacked that this car didn't fetch the (IMO modest) reserve. Any blatchatters care to offer advice on how/where we best sell our ex-hire cars in the future? At some point we'll be replacing all 5 superlights but if this auction is anything to go by we'll need to run them for another 12 months yet to cover the additional depreciation!

Any advice gratefully received.

Jonny

BaT

Johnny, I don't think you'll have trouble selling your Superlights as long as your reserve is no more than £10k. I've been watching prices - there is/was a low mileage road spec Superlight knocking about for £12k recently - others seem to go for up to £15k, but a number hovered at £13k ish.

A "Superlight" Spec car isn't a Superlight and as such should be priced at the same level as a 6 speed Superport - i.e. sub £12k for a good road car...if your reserve on this car was £8500 I'm sure it would have sold - perhaps even squeezed upto £9k....what was your reserve?

Just IMHO of course