Click here if you are having website access problems ×

JPE 2.2 on Ebay?

CageyH

I think there were only two of these built, and one ws stolen and stripped for bits early in its life. So that makes this a very rare car indeed. I would imagine it will go for a rather more substantial price than £20k, although its a daft time of year to sell it.

K2RUM - The car of two halves with no engine

Arnie, if the JPE exhaust and induction is so bad, are you really saying that a standard JPE only really produces 212 BHP and the 2.2 produces 238 BHP ( quoted figures figures less15%) *confused*

Might explain why the R500 is quicker to 100 I suppose. *confused*

That's hell of a power drop. If that was the case and I had a JPE I think i'd be pretty hacked off.

RED 2.0 HPC 230BHP *thumbup* *smile*

Gambo, the weakness of the induction system is down to the inlet manifold used on the DCOE style Weber Alpha throttle bodies. It effects all carb VX's in the same way. This is how SBD et al claim to get such an increase in power (SBD claim 208bhp though thats a bit optimistic) by fiting Jenvey SF's. Its also why the Swindon 235 option originally on my car maxed out at 204bhp on a dyno, in its Caterham spec (and it had a JPE exhaust) but same engine did 239bhp with Jenvey SF's and the exhaust I still have on the cr to this day - no internal mods at all. Swindon claimed 235 for that engine, in the same way they claim 250 and 280 for the two JPE engines respectively.

You'll note the only JPE owner regualrly on here also chose not to use the Weber Alpha setup.

I am however very tempted to make a bid on that JPE......

K2RUM - The car of two halves with no engine

As the owner of this particular car, I would like to add my own thoughts on this thread :

1) New tyres are not required - I haven't had this JPE on the track and it hasn't been thrashed.

2) Markus, who owns the other JPE 2.2 says : If this car has the 2.2 engine then it was built alongside mine in 1998. Garry and I persuaded Swindon to make an engine (production run of 2 initially) as a real improvement on the standard JPE. The dyno came out at 270BHP and increasing over the rev range. So the car was (and still is) good for the 0 to 60 sprint in way less than 4 seconds - depending really on road surface conditions and how well the gears are changed.

3) I'm not convinced that an R500 would be quicker to 100 given that the R500 would need an engine "refresh" on the way!

4) Agree with EFA that it's worth more than £20k, but don't have a definite figure in mind (yet!)

• Leadership Team

Arnie, now you've put the first bid in, do you promise not to:

Molest it away from original spec;

Change the colour;

Add a seagull catcher to the bonnet;

Strip it of its' creature comforts;

etc etc etc;