Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

1991 Supersprint 1700 X Flow

Midas

• Leadership Team

I have decided that rather than go upgrading my curent car, it is time to think about building another one. So, although not the ideal time to seel here goes...

1991 Kit-built (Q-Reg) Caterham 7 1700 Crossflow.

Mileage 22 000. Two binders of receipts including all Mots, tax discs and going right back to original invoice. Loads of work done during my ownership. V Happy to E mail an excel sheet with all the particulars.

Colour Caterham Yellow, with clams. Bodywork in very good condition, the only issue being a crack in one of the rear wings.

Full spec:

5 Speed, Long cockpit, De dion chassis, originally fitted with the uprated Bilstein suspension (see lower down for changes)

Full weather equipment including heated windscreen, improved vis hood, and hood bag.

Heated windscreen

Tonneau cover and Leather non-S type seats.

Oil cooler

4-1 stainless steel exhaust.

FIA Rollbar

4 point harnesses

heater

2 x sets of wheels - fitted currently with Prisoner 15 inch rims and nearly new Toyo Proxies, Also set of new 13 inch Minators with worn Yokohama A021s.

Engine: The kit was supplied complete except the engine (which is why it was q Reg). Instead the first owner had an engine built for it by SPR (Caterham Main agent) to a much higher spec. Full spec sheet available, but included many uprated parts (sadly not forged pistons). The head was rebuilt and converted to unleaded spec by Roger King two years ago (Roger worked at SPR, so it made sense to get him to do the conversion)

Mated to a Lucas competition ignition system. makes a genuine 135 BHP.

Last year I rebuilt the suspension, including fitment of a Freestyle Handling Kit which has transformed the handling.

Overall an excellent car

Price: £9250