Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silver 7 : Banstead Area

barryward

Virtually every morning, I pass a silver 7 coming in the opposite direction. The hardy all-weather driver of the silver 7 only sees me in my blue Roadsport on guaranteed rain-free days and never fails to wave! The other 360 days a year I'm hiding in an anonymouse tin-top. Anyone know who drives the silver 7 ?

Could be me - I work in Leatherhead and drive from Croydon, past Banstead (sometimes through it if the traffic leading to the A217 is particularly bad) on to Epsom Common and Langley Vale. Usually between 9 and 9:20 in the morning. I've seen a matallic blue 7 a few times.

I need the fresh air in the mornings to get fully awake for work *cool*

LEO 3eggs

Another Slightly Vider SeVen

Yours is the 7 I was referring to, I recognise your registration in the signoff of your reply! Good to 'meet' you. Mine is the metallic blue 7 you have seen on its way from Guildford to my office in Croydon. I admire your approach to the elements - last time I tried waking myself up with the fresh air technique, a fine drizzle turned into a monsoon for 20+ miles ! Do you take your 7 to track days or meetings? What spec is it ... it looks nice?

Barry - thanks for the compliment.

I'm a late night person rather than and early morning one, so the fresh air wakes me up. The car's a pretty ordinary 140hp 1.8K engined SV. I do use the weather gear when it's monsoon time *wink* but with full windscreen and sidescreens as long as I'm moving at 30+ the rain goes over the top - think of the guys who aeroscreen it regardles of weather!

I haven't taken it to the track yet - it's my only transport and I don't want to take that sort of risk with it. I used to attend the Surrey meets at the Wotton Hatch, but recently I've gone to the Four Counties.

What spec is yours?

LEO 3eggs

Another Slightly Vider SeVen

Edited by - Anton on 18 Oct 2006 03:54:57

Edited by - Anton on 18 Oct 2006 03:56:04