Click here if you are having website access problems ×

B****y Lucas

Old Septimus

My 4th Lucas recon dynamo in <2 years has just failed having done barely 100 miles. When I took off the back plate the (very worn) brushes fell out as the wires had not even been fixed to them, just pinched in under the springs. The commutator was completely shagged and should have been scrapped - the insulation was cracked and chunks of copper had been pulled off. For this I had recently paid over £60. I have grown used to inferior design and poor workmanship from Lucas but they now seem to have sunk to blatant fraud.

Where, please, can I get hold of a properly reconditioned LRD102 dynamo? I am now off to stuff the offending armature up the corporate orifice and firebomb the head office.

are these genuine recondition by lucas or are they just lucas by make you may find if you are purchasing them from a difrent source they may not be overhauled by lucas you get one year warranty on all recon starters and alternators dynamos

ect you should be taking them back and making this point good luck

fredid=blue> smile.gif

We have a Lucas service centre in Canterbury (Wincheap Industrial Est)

I have never had the need for a service exchange item from them, but they seem to know their stuff in the other depts & have NEVER failed to get the parts I need from stock!!!

Worth a call?