Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Resprays and new panels

tiddy1

Just Like to say I collected my car from TSK yesterday following a respray, it has taken longer than expected as teh side skins were too corroded to paint! Tony did a fantastic job and fitted new panels and then did a supurbe spray job. Thanks for reccomending him.

What is the oppinion on spraying the underside of the front wings with underseal to stop star cracking??

Simon

Hi Simon. Try the stone chip protection from Plastic Padding. Iv'e got clamshells and have painted this stuff in the most vunerable areas and also the rear wings-if only to deaden the horrible sound that stones make as they travel round inside the wings like a drum. Has definately quietned the sound and no more apparent cracking since. One word of warning - do the job outside cause it will stink the house out whilst drying.

How badly corroded was it?

I have an aluminium car which I'm going to be getting sprayed later on in the year, it has a few spots, but I was hoping it was nothing that couldnt be sorted with some polish an a layer of primer.

I've coated under my wings (and various stone blasted areas fo my Lancia) with the rubber stuff flogged at Stoneleigh show - Carlife Rubbercoat?

Definitely cures to a rubber-like stuff and sticks like the proverbial to anyhting it touches. Stinks for quite a while. unfortunately, once the tin is opened, use it as it will go off. Small ish tine did all my wings twice or even three times and other bits.

Bri

Julian

Corrosion was probably as bad as an 8yr old 50k mile caterham can get, the aluminium panels actually tore as we took them off, corrosion around lower chassis tubes had come right through the panel, however only showed as small bubbles in the paintwork until it was stripped to bare metal

Simon