Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bargain Tyres for someone in UK??

Wile7

I did - not sure if I have wheels to fit 😳 but never driven on these so it would be worth expanding my tyre knowledge base.

I'm assuming you didn't want them coyote - of course if you were about to get them then I shall pick them up for you and you can have them - don't want to poach them from you!! *smile*

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

96,000 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

Angus - thanks but you are correct, I decided against. Now if they'd have been a set of AO48s that would have been different and I'd have bought them. And no question of poaching, they are on ebay as a 'buy it now'!!

I ran several sizes of slicks on 6 inch rims so I'd imagine these will be OK, otherwise you'll be able to sell them on easily to someone with 8 inch rears, or get a couple of 8 inch rims for them to go on. OBNS runs slicks and ACB10s I think so I bet he knows what rims they fit.

Angus, don't even think about using them on the road - the HPC came with them and was an absolute nightmare on regular British roads...fine on smooth tarmac, but on cambered roads they tended to drag the car in whatever direction they wanted to - not good when you're trying to overtake another car....

On track they are superb - very predicatable and don't seem to ever "go off"

I agree with Mark - I tried mine on the road and it just kept pulling in all directions, which makes you jumpy as you pass cars (in either direction) and you end up holding the steering wheel so tight your fingers go white.

I've seen people use the term 'tramline' as they want to follow the road rather then your intended direction *cool*

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬