Click here if you are having website access problems ×

400bhp supercharged MG ZT-T estate

Peter Carmichael

My car is for sale... here although obviously I can be contacted by blatmail too.

Many of you will have met the car and know it is a remarkable bit of kit. Be prepared for large fuel bills and the perma-grin noise factor. It is an excellent, comfortable grand tourer that can tow a trailer like it's not there and startle 911s. It hustles pretty well for a big car too.

Edited by - Peter Carmichael on 2 Oct 2006 20:01:20

Edited by - Peter Carmichael on 3 Oct 2006 00:39:15

Oh no!

Awesome, awesome car. Sounds and goes like nothing else when you want it to, cruises beautifully when you just want to glide. I'd snap it up if it was in my price range Peter!

It was going in this very well sorted car that influenced our recent choice of car purchase! Sad to see it go Peter....

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

96,000 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

I'll hang around here waiting for the civil servants to come into work at 8.59am .

then we will have ..........

Ohhhhhhhhhh dont you know there are rules round here on pricing items 😳

Ohhhhhhhhhh

Ohhhhhhh

chomp

chomp

chomp

If It aint yellow, wonky and wobbly................ 😬

Hopefully they will then notice that because of the (almost) unique nature of the car Peter is open to offers, as there doesn't seem to be a precident on the price - and hopefully someone on the other (more knowledgable with ref to this car) forum will suggest a price range.

Not much different to linking to an ebay auction, but some people can't cope with that either 😳

I want a V8. 😬

I was following this car a week or so ago in our ZT - the noise as it dragged up the damp slip road onto the A3 in front of us was amazing (both the engine and the wheel spin 😬)

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

Edited by - angus&tessa on 3 Oct 2006 07:53:07

You'll be lucky Dave!!

If anything, judging by the dealers we looked around kicking tyres a few weeks ago, these things have appreciated compared to when Peter bought his - there was a slump when Rover disappeared, but now confidence in the fact that dealers and spares do still exist seems to have brought the prices back up.

Sorry - o/t - Peter's is a pretty special version...

Anyway - I'll leave him to it!

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

Edited by - angus&tessa on 3 Oct 2006 09:54:06

• Area Representative

Marc - I read in Autocar last week that Kerching are planning to make ZT running gear and bodyshells in China and ship them back to Longbridge for final assembly.

Wile - at a rough guess your bid would buy the engine upgrades Peter has carried out on this awesome motor!

If my pockets were deeper I wouldn't hesitate.

Crudders

Crudders/Angus et al.

My bid was slightly ( *wink*) tongue in cheek to get the bids/offers going. It has to start at around £15k surely, whilst IMO (having not seen the car but seen the spec etc.) it should realise rather more I would imagine....

Anyone bidding?

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off.

Groucho Marx

Updated photos here

• 3 weeks later...