Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Roadsport A - SuperSport 1600 cc Engine for Sale

TerryHoll

I have just purchased an R400 engine *cool*(which is currently being re-built by Minister Power) and therefore need to sell my existing 1600 engine.

The Car / engine competed in the Roadsport A series (owned by James Gardiner) for 2 seasons. It has done approx. 2700 miles and generates 140 bhp.

The engine was rebuilt after its first year (approx 1000 miles) by Minister Power at a cost of £3000. I have the receipts to prove.

It was also serviced by Caterham at 2200 miles.

The engine will come complete with wiring loom, alternator and ECU. The only thing that it won't have is the dry sump kit. I need that for the R400 conversion.

The engine looks, sounds and goes fantastically well. It is currently still in the car and is available for test driving. The only problem being that it won't be for much longer. The switch with the R400 unit will take place sometime w/c 2 October.

The engine will also come with the Race exhaust (makes a fantastic noise!!), as I understand that I need to purchase a new one to match to the R400 engine.

Now for the hard part - I am new to this game and don't exactly know how much it is worth. I would really appreciate some guidance on this from more experience Caterham owners.

If you are interested in the above, please give me a call on the numbers listed below.

07887 633235 (mobile) or 01622 203952 (home).

Many thanks,

Terry Holland.

Edited by - TerryHoll on 27 Sep 2006 13:16:57

Edited by - TerryHoll on 27 Sep 2006 13:19:46