Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Car Journals Section suggestion for new site (car blog?)

anthonym

copied from chitchat here

A single thread for each car (by VIN / Reg, writable by the owner only (no other comments).

Owner thus has a place to write / diarise everything about his/her car as its life proceeds.

The idea leverages the excellent medium of blat chat's ease of use, keeps it all in one place for reference by owners and FUTURE owners, new owners take ownership (and write access) with ownership of the car. I think this would be a real selling advantage - and great for buyers.

May be best if viewable ONLY by club members (not resolved why, feels right, encourages free writing in privacy of the club.).

Provides incentive to join the club.

Provides provenance for each car - instant history availability.

Provides service history in detail never normally available.

Does not require special skills which running your own site does.

Requires no effort to maintain (it's a Blatchat thread).

Every useful bit of information about each car collated in the same place.

Downside? Nothing is hidden.....

Upside? The entire wisdom of blatchat is available to comment to the owner (but not in the car's journal thread, maybe a separate comments thread.. whatever)

The main Blatchat section threads can reference specific car histories to assist sufferers of the same problems and the example will be totally car specific - non of the vaguaries of usual channels where advice gets obscured by the wide variety of differnt models/mods within models - no two cars are the same, this way we will know the differences and the specs.

Owners can maintain the first message as a live seed, where the car's detailed spec is maintained in every detail; the rest of the thread will detail how it got that way. Owners can write as much or as little as they wish.

Creation of each thread simply by request to site admin from current owner. As usual, active thread will be at the top, so we can all read blow by blow and learn/advise as ever may be. I actually did this for my BDR for sale ad here - and no the car is not for sale, but I still use that posting for reference and maintain it.

Anthony

Faith Manages

Edited by - anthonym on 27 Sep 2006 08:45:43