Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Top of the range Jaguar X-Type going cheap

QuietJim

First a bit of background. My mate Alan Chainey has recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease, he's going in and out of hospital and is generally in pretty bad spirits. Back in 2001 he bought this Jaguar as his family/company car and looked after it well for several years. Then, about a year ago, he let it go to a business acquaintance and has since had to repossess it. He's now looking to recoup some of the money by selling it, but in his current state of health he doesn't want to deal with tyre kickers. I mentioned that this club is full of decent people and so he's comfortable with me advertising it here on his behalf.

It's a Jaguar 3.0 V6 SE on a 51 plate in Phoenix red and "sand" interior that's done 66000 miles. It has a full service history up to 38000 miles, at which point it changed hands and has no service record for the remaining 28000, but it's currently back at Jaguar having a full service, and it's MOT'd as of 19th September.

It cost £32000 new, that's £26000 list plus £6000 of extras, including satnav and upgraded ali wheels. I don't have any pictures as yet but if anyone's genuinely interested I can pester him for some.

Between you, me and the internet-connected world, he's going to let it go for less than it's worth. He's only looking for £7,250, and I reckon he could be talked down a little further from that. When he told me about it I was drunk (as usually happens when we get together) and I nearly bought it myself to sell on at a profit ... luckily I remembered just in time that I couldn't sell a Guinness to an Irishman and decided against it!

If anyone's genuinely interested, please either post here or Blatmail me (that's the little mail icon above this post). Please feel free to ask any questions - I probably won't be able to answer them immediately but I'll ask Alan and get back to you.

Thanks for your attention.

Edited by - QuietJim on 26 Sep 2006 03:19:38

Thanks Lardy - I would try Pistonheads but I don't think they have the same kind of readership that we do (that sounds bad, but I'm only talking about the minority that we thankfully seem to repel here), and I don't want Alan troubled with time wasters. He's going to sell it to a dealer at a loss if no-one wants it here.