Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chatting?

JamesTiptree

My feelings are that the quality of content and the overall attraction of this site would vanish with a chatroom...I've tried some "car related" chatrooms and they've been full of arse-parts lying through their teeth and being quite boring...I've lasted for 30 seconds in each of them, before I got totally pissed off.

Kenny

Ahh, okay then. It was just a suggestion. Everyone on here seems to be decent enough and I have just ast for the last 45 mins watching people (al crickmore and someone) 'talking' to each other through the posting system. It's nice because everyone else can have some input, but....

I wonder if a chat room on here might be different because people seem to be decent all in all (I know about chat rooms! see maxpower for example... weirdos!) and it would give them somewhere to talk one to one, or whatever!

Anyway, just a thought.

James.

here

..."I'd rather have a blat"....

It could work if someone with a fixed IP hosted a private IRC server, ruled under the 'benevolent dictator' principle. a) it wouldn't be well publicised and b) any silliness would rapidly get stomped on with a known good group of people appointed as channel ops. It's on my todo list, but when the list runs to two sides of A4 I wouldn't hold your breath sad.gif