Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sprint - Sunday 8 October North Weald, Epping, Essex

Mark Durrant

All

The club has received an invite from Borough 19 Motor Club to the above sprint and whilst it is on an airfield the entry fee is only £55 *thumbup*. I was going to start work on the car after Brands but at that price and given that it is fairly local I think I will probably enter. Entry forms can be downloaded here. Note that the regs do not include our club but Neil Benfield, Borough 19 Event Director has confirmed that we are eligible.

Please post on here if your going to enter so I know who to look out for *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Mark

Beware of North Weald. I haven't been there for a number of years but even then the surface was very rough and breaking up. The fact that it is (and has been for some years) under threat of housing development, I shouldn't think that it has got any better. Maybe someone who has been there more recently (Mr Perry?) could give an update.

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Sorry, I can't speak with any authority as I haven't sprinted there for a couple of years even though its only a couple of miles from me. (I much prefer the more tricky Debden a bit further away) When I was last on site a few weeks ago it still looked fine and some bits had been tidied up as they have a massive Market on the site every Saturday, and as folks run single seaters there it can't be too bad. There is nothing to hit and it is cheap and very handy for the M11/M25 *thumbup* It would certainly make a good first time sprint for someone as its a 'sprint around the cones' event. B19 events are always well organised. *thumbup* L7 Club used to run a few sprints there over a decade ago.

Edited by - Graham Perry on 22 Sep 2006 12:22:34

there was also footage on the RST website from last year .

Fairly short blat round the cones , maybe 30 seconds . The surface is Variable with tarmac breaking up in small sections but OK ,allthough I understand a new area was in use last year - dunno if the same this year.

for £55 gotta be worth a visit if your local *cool*