Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Who's coming to visit us then

Alex Birtwisle

Pickle and I have moved into our new house near the Brecon Beacons.... (halfway twixt Brecon and Swansea) .... some cracking roads around here.... who's coming to visit then 🤔

Alex

p.s. why is the South Wales meet almost in England 🤔 ..... When I was in Cambs it would have been nearer for me to go to the Central London meet than it would to drive out towards Chepstow from here. Ho hum.... I guess I will have to set up a South West Wales area meet and be the only one who attends. Still it is a good excuse to go to the pub and talk to myself once a month *thumbup*

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Spandex

here

p.s. why is the South Wales meet almost in England

a] following a recent questionaire to the local members - thats where they want it. Suitable locations and blatting routes are hard to come by around North Cardiff (being the alternative based upon where the members live )

b) the roads to get to the meet are fantastic from your area. I suggest you try getting to Brynmawr and then Llyngynidyr > Crickhowel > Abergavenny > Raglan > monmouth > Trelleck > st arvans ( total blat 40 minutes ) dont get distance confused with travel time in this part of the world ! :-)

c) its your fault for living in the sticks

We've moved to the top end of Ystradgynlais where everyone is related to everyone else, even the sheep. Just need to cross the road and we are in the national park..... *thumbup*...and only a short distance from the A4069 Mountain Road from Brynamman which is a fine fine pass to practice the art of blatmanship.

The garage is splendid. It will be more so when I have painted the floor and arranged my tools in order of testosterone required to use them.

As for the Nearly South Wales area meet as it will from now on be called.... looks like I am out voted and will have to make the monthly pilgrimage.

Alex

S713UMY

here

The A4069 is indeed good blatcadam but beware of the local plod who take great delight in nicking you for reckless/ dangerous / undue care / endangering others etc etc when you come round the corner sideways and then striaghline the following 6 bends across the moor . They video you from a mile away .

Ask the EVO test driver what happened to him ☹️

You are all welcome.... although the house will resemble a building site for a wee while.

We will have a "house warming" party in the winter to save on the gas bill *thumbup* ....

Mav, we need to put a new bathroom in, then you can come visit.... probably late Oct or early Nov but will need to okey it with the boss *thumbup* *wink*

S713UMY

here