Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rear bulhead removal?

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

Whilst messing with the back end of my new wheels, changing springs etc, I intend to sort out the bulkhead which has a number of war wounds and vibrates like a crane fly in a electric light bulb test facility!

What's involved in removal? I summise that in addition to the rivets on the panel and removal of the fuel pump, the rear cockpit side panels will need to be removed. But is there any other problem lurking in the floor area that complicates the job - overlapping panels etc? My plan is to tidy it and have it powder coated before refitting with substantially more silicon than it currently has!

Stu.

• Area Representative
You'll need to speak to the new owner 😬

Malcolm, you will have an opportunity on the 30th 😬 but I don't think you will be successful in acquiring it as he did mention the DS system as being a big *thumbup* in having them car.

Cheers

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

Stu,

Seats out and the drill all the rivets out for the panel, this may include prop tunnel cover, straight forward.

I have a carbon one to go in, when I have worked up enthusisasm 😬

Anthony

Car is nearly ready, but I have be saying that for at least a year :-)

• Leadership Team

that would appear to make sense, but just how much additional stiffness a replacement panel would give (with a full cage fitted) would be difficult to quantify. If stiffness is gradually reducing, there has to surely be a case of loose rivets, moving/flexing ali etc. Probably the case that after a seasons heavy racing the rear of the chassis has flexed so much that the panel needs to be replaced anyway!

Stu.