Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Camber settings for LA Crossfow with ACB10s

groutledge

I have just got hold of some part worn 6/21/13 A33 ACB10s to see how they stack up against SS Yoko 32Rs on my live axle Xflow.

I was wondering what camber to set the front to bearing in mind the cars spec is as follows:

- Wide track front, Nitron dampers 275lb springs and 16mm antiroll bar, 8% rack, smidge of toe out

- 120lb rear springs, Nitrons ( but quite stiff damping so overall pretty stiff for an Live axle ).

At present I think the front camber is ~2-2.5degrees negative.

At present the handling balance is pretty fab and adjustable with neutral to a smidge of oversteer on exit.

I like my front end quite pointy hence the toe out And use the car mostly on track.

I was thinking of reducing it to 1 degree negative and see how it goes. I notice some people run 1.25 negative, Peter Carmicheal etc. but they are de-dion cars.

Anybody out there had experience with LS cars and ACB10s.

Graham

Graham,

Ideally the camber is about .75 - 1.25 degrees neg on the front. On your LA car you'll need to identuify how much the camber changes under roll in corners as this is where the losses in terms of grip will be most noticable.

Sadly, unless you ahve all the gear to simulate this, the best way to figure this out is to do a track day and either check the tyre temps or examine the wear on the tyre under hard cornering. If you know someone with a tyre pyrometer, this would help enormously.

Personally I'd start with .75deg neg and increase it from there.

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Arnie

I was only going to do one turn at a time anyway. I think I might start with 1degree ( which should also be Ok with SS32Rs on the road and in the wettish ). Hyperion reckoned 1.5 degrees in the cold weather to get heat into the tyres but that may be over the top, they do seem to know what they're talikng about though!.

Graham