Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Czech Superlight

Slider7

"I just purchased LHD chassis and rebuild the car, therefore this chassis is spare one"

Then why is he selling the carbon front & rear wings, carbon nose cone and aero filler cap. This sure will fit on a LHD chassis *confused* ... since my LHD R300 has all this nice stuff fitted 😬 😬 😬

The Le Mans sticker indeed should make identification easier (hadn't spotted it 😳) ...

I had some questions send to him a couple of day's ago and this ware his answers.

Q. does the chassis carry a registration and VIN- plate?

A. I want to transfer the VIN- plate to the new chassis.

Q. why selling this chassis?

A. I bought a starterpack for upgrading to LHD.

Later he told me that he was looking to register the new car as a kitcar, but wasn't sure this was possible in Cz.

Q.

to be honest - I don;t see the problem.

Say I stuffed my car on a track day & was uninsured - If there was enough damage to my chassis I would just buy another chassis and give it the id of my crashed car rather than going through the process of getting a track car through an SVA.

I guess you would have to notify the authorities that the chassis number had changed just as you should if you change the engine but that shouldn;t mean another sva - maybe just a check at the local dvla office?

The only wierd bit is that he is leaving the carbon on but I guess he has bought new carbon.

I would be abit wary about paying for it before seeing it but if some kind of cash on delivery could be arranged then no probs.

"Wont be hard to trace with club Le Mans stickers on it"

I can see the number, but I do not know the year the stickers were yellow. So no definative details on who owns(ed) it.

K2RUM - The car of two halveswith a hole in the engine

Hmmm - after being turned away from the Czech border for having "fake VIN plate and VIN stamp" on my Rover 825 according to their guards (the full CzechWrecks story will be coming soon...) I'd be intrigued to hear how he intends to get his car back into Czech if he ever takes it out.

cheers,

Darren.

Because I am still interested in the car, I kept contact with the advertiser.

Unfortunately he has now sold it to someone else (lucky bastard!)

For me it was a nice basis for an upgrade (I want pushrod suspension, and have a complete motor, wheels and seats in my garage).

Hereunder the last answer that I copied 1:1.

I can understand this quite well. I face the same problems with our local DVA in the Netherlands.

Perhaps we should be a little bit more reserved with our opinions next time.

Cheers,

Quirin

Text copied 1:1

Dear Quirin,

chassis has and will keep its VIN number, but has been already sold.

Registration and chassis has been handover to another LHD EU country.

When I see all these false information and stories what flies on club pages I don't understand this negative mindset of English gentlemen.

Why not follow simple rule if you don't trust don't do the business with him.

Buyers from other countries as Sweden, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria have interested also but had a technical - price related questions.

The chassis was parked in huge shaft underground of multistory building, where I builded in a false floor, therefore it cannot be so nice as private garage.

Carbon parts - yes I sold it with carbon and I will keep the fiberglass only. I didn't have benefit except kilo, but hart attack when I had to pay invoice for replacement of broken wings.

I realized my ten years dream to buy Cat, but prices for LHD cars in continent are 40% more, doesn't matter if new one or second hand. This price diference limited me for a long time.

Therefore I bought second hand SLR RHD at Birmingham for reasonable price and this year when my budget allow I changed it for LHD.

Sometimes what is not logic for Englishmen is reasonable for me under different conditions.

I expected that RHD chassis can be sold back to England only but know sounds as fully wrong vision. You can sell it anywhere better as england.

You can now ( from June ) register almost any used car in CZ if was regisred already in EU country, but cannot be RHD. New car is more difficult to register when should comply with EU 4 norm.

Keep care and have a nice day.

Martin